How to Make Thai Fried Rice
Submitted by bambi75 on September 10, 2012 - 11:23
This fried rice dish will become a favorite side dish with the addition of beef, chicken, or other meats. It can also become a main course. Serves 2 to 4
|Source||Wikihow, see below|
350 gramspre-cooked rice (12 1/2 ounces)
4 tablespoonspeanut oil
2 teaspoonsfish sauce
2cloves of garlic (minced)
1tomato (small - quartered)
4 tablespoonscoriander (chopped)
- Get a bowl and mix the eggs with half of the soy sauce.
- Heat an oiled wok and add the egg mixture to the wok. Stir and cook the egg and move it to the side of the wok.
- Add the garlic, onion, rice, and chilli to the wok. Add a little more oil and mix everything together.
- Add the tomatoes, soy sauce, and fish sauce to the wok. Continue to stir everything together.
- Stir in the chopped coriander just before serving the dish.
- Spoon the fried rice into a serving bowl. Garnish it with cucumber slices and a lime wedge. The wedges can also be squeezed over the top of the rice to give it an added tangy flavor.
- Using refrigerated rice (about 1 to 2 days old) is more preferred than fresh rice because the chilled grains don't stick together. This is the perfect consistency for fried rice dishes.
Things You'll Need
- Wooden spoon
- How to Make Easy Fried Rice Using Leftover Rice
- How to Make a Shanghai Fried Rice
- How to Make Fried Rice
- How to Make Vegetarian Fried Rice
- How to Make Soy Eggs
Sources and Citations