How to Make Moroccan Cookies or Biscuits
Submitted by admin on April 25, 2012 - 17:43
If you like to eat Moroccan cookies/biscuits, but don't know how to make them, read on!
200 gramssesame seeds (7 oz)
100 gramsflour (4/5 cup, 3.5 oz)
125 gramspowdered/icing sugar (1 1/4 cups)
2 teaspoonsbaking powder
- Roast the sesame seeds in a pan [assuming they are unroasted].
- Let them cool, and rub in a vijzel. (A vijzel is another word for a mortar and pestle) You can also use an electric grinder if a vijzel is not available.
- Roast the flour in the same pan until pale brown. Afterwards, transfer the flour into a bowl.
- Mix the flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, orange zest, and the sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- Slowly beat the eggs into the dry mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 160º C (320º F) and grease a baking sheet.
- Make little balls of dough and space evenly on baking sheet.
- Scatter granulated sugar onto the cookies, and place into oven.
- Cook the cookies for 15 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Use a bit of oil to make shaping the dough easier.
Article provided by wikiHow