How to Make a Doughnut
Submitted by admin on April 15, 2012 - 21:25
Store-bought doughnuts are great, but homemade ones are better, especially if you use this recipe!
2 1⁄2 cupsself-rising flour
1 1⁄3 cupoil
1 teaspoonvanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients (except the oil) in a bowl for about 2 minutes or until it makes a smooth batter.
- Roll the batter into 10-12 long, thick dough strips.
- Shape the dough strips like doughnuts by connecting the 2 sides together really well.
- Pour the oil in a medium-sized pan on the stove and set on medium or medium high.
- Place one doughnut in the pan gently when the oil is warm (before the oil starts bubbling).
- Brown the doughnut for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Optional: Put more sugar in a bowl and dip the entire doughnut in it to make it taste sweeter. You can also mix cinnamon and sugar if you prefer a sweet topping, then dip it in. Or put on chocolate sprinkels.