The iPad has many specific features that take advantage of the device’s larger display. One example is the new split keyboard which allows you to separate the device’s onscreen keyboard into two sections, allowing for easier typing with your thumbs. This article will walk you through the process of enabling and disabling the iPad split keyboard.Steps
- Tap the Settings app from your device’s home screen.
- Tap “General” from within the settings app.
- Tap “Keyboard” from within the General settings page.
- Tap the toggle switch next to “Split Keyboard” to enable it. To disable the function, simply tap the switch in the opposite direction.
- Use the Split Keyboard. Open a text field so that the keyboard appears. Use two fingers and swipe the two sides of the keyboard away from each other. If Split Keyboard is enabled, the two halves of the keyboard will separate. You can put them back together by swiping them both towards the center at once.
- Splitting the keyboard in iOS 8 will disable the predictive text option.
- You can create custom gestures from within the Accessibility section of the Settings app.
- How to Remove Red Eye on iPhone, iPod, and iPad Photos
- How to Use Auto Enhance on iPhone, iPod, and iPad
- How to Save a Page to a Safari Reading List in iOS
- How to Access the Notification Center in iOS
- How to Remove Weather and Stocks from the iOS Notification Center
- How to Set up Twitter in iOS
- How to Access the iPhone Camera from the Lock Screen
- How to Place a Pipe Character into an iPad Document
- How to Back Up iPhone Contacts Using Appandora iPhone Manager
- How to Turn Off Automatic Screen Rotation on iOS 4 and Up
- How to Undisable an iPad
Sources and Citations